Sunday 18 September 2011

Last Sunday

Only 6 more sleeps left till I will be in transit hurtling towards my destination of Falmouth, Cornwall (Well Penryn to be precise) And as tradition states nothing can go smoothly for me when I am looking forward to something. First off I burn myself across my face with my hair curlers, lovely scar on my cheek. Sweet. I end up having to sport this wonderful darkening everyday scar for 2 weeks, and then when it finally clears I cut the top of my mouth. Great! Now I cannot eat or drink anything apart from lukewarm water without screaming in pain, I am a complete and utter wimp. This whole females have a stronger pain threshold thing, not true for me must have been missing in my genetic make-up. The worst thing about my swollen mouth is that I can't eat biscuits and I love biscuits, I could eat biscuits all day preferably with a nice mug of hot Tetleys, that in my view is bliss...So then I wander aimlessly around my house thinking what next, burnt face, sore mouth, biscuit deficiancy what can I possibly do to add to my list of maladies. I decide to step right on a shockingly rusty drawing pin. Cue a lot of screaming, internally. If there is one thing I don't do folks, that is scream out loud. I will laugh and laugh I do a lot, but I don't scream and I rarely, rarely cry in the public eye (nice rhyme there) I must have twice in my whole life but I was pretty young then. I pulled the drawing pin out of the bottom of my heel, no blood. So I thought maybe I got away with it, no repercussions. Yeah right. Within a few moments my heel took revenge by swelling up and making it impossible for me to stand normally without wanting to burst in to tears and fall over. If these injuries do not clear up I am going to be one unsociable undergraduate at Freshers, unable to talk or eat, unable to stand or walk. I will be stuck in my room staring wistfully at a box of chocolate digestives waiting and waiting for my much delayed mail...

(N.B) Don't worry if my heel doesn't sort itself out by Monday I will see my GP it's the weekend and I can't be bothered to sit in A/E for something relatively minor when I still have time to get medical attention.

I shall leave you all with one of my most favourite songs ever, it is called Jadu Jadu Jadu (Translates as Magic, Magic, Magic) from the film Yaraana. Honestly even if you don't understand hindi/urdu I would recommend a listen it is a great song acted by two brilliant actors. 


No comments:

Post a Comment